We are pleased to announce the opening of the application period for the Cascadia Foodshed Funding Project. This project brings together a unique group of foundations and investors who are seeking to create a positive impact through a combination of grants, equity, loans and assistance to food and farming businesses in Oregon and Washington. Up to five separate investments of between $25,000 and $250,000 are expected in 2014.Candidates for investment should be:
- located in or provide substantial benefit to Whatcom, King, or Pierce counties; Eastern Washington; or Multnomah County in Oregon;
- improve measures of health, social equity, family wage employment, and rural community resilience;
- seeking funding of $25,000 to $250,000.
We will accept applications until February 28, 2014, and deploy funds on a rolling basis throughout the year. All applications will be received through Slow Money Northwest’s Gust portal at https://gust.com/organizations/slow-money (select food/drink as your industry). Your application should include at a minimum:
- Your business plan in enough detail to show how this investment will help you succeed;
- Financials, past and projected, that match your business plan and funding need;
- Your funding need, and how it will help accomplish your business goals; and
- A statement of benefit (500 words maximum) describing how your enterprise can help improve one or more of the following impact areas: Health, Social Equity, Family Wage Job Creation and Preservation, Rural Community Resilience, and Ability to Influence Policy. For more detail on the impact areas,click here.